August 19, 2012

Take Two and Chanel Pirate



Hey there, so lets try this again. I’m a full time university student so don’t expect frequent posts, should anyone decide to follow this blog. I’ve started this more for myself as a way to track my makeup collection and beauty purchases and *hopefully* keep my spending to a minimum. I recently cleared out a bunch of makeup I didn’t want/use anymore but I still have a crap-load more than anyone actually needs. 

For my first post, I decided to swatch one of my favourite red nail polishes (yes, this blog will extend to nail polish as well), which is Pirate from Chanel. 



Red is such a classic nail colour and I certainly own my fair share but this particular polish is a beautiful bright red jelly that is the perfect shade to be worn year round. It’s not so bright that it could only be a spring/summer polish but it’s also not too dark or vampy that it could be considered a winter only shade. 

It has a jelly finish so it looks gorgeously shiny and, I don’t know, squishy I guess? This picture is two coats and there is no visible nail line in real life. The top coat used was CND Super Shiney. 



Wear-wise, I find this to be one of the longer lasting Chanel polishes on me however I don’t feel super comfortable giving my opinion on wear-time as all nail polish, and I mean all nail polish, tends to last no longer than a day on me without chipping.  

Chanel polishes are something I’ve fairly recently fallen in love with and have been racking up a bit of a collection and I have to say Pirate is pretty high up my list of favourites. 

I would say that if you’re not intimidated by the price point and own nothing similar, I would absolutely recommend it. 

Well that’s all for today. Hopefully I’ll get another post out soon but we’ll see how we go :)

~ Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment